We provide cathodic protection modeling of all types of structures and pipelines. Our experts use software solution which can be used to simulate a wide range of designs. The main objective of CP modeling is to demonstrate the actual performance of a CP system. We affect CP performance throughout its service life on structures, with or without coating, using sacrificial anodes, impressed current and hybrid systems, as well as a unique database with real-life data to simulate the exact amount of retrofit anodes needed for retrofitting and life extension. This comprehensive approach gives us a competitive edge regarding the quality and reliability of our CP modeling results. We can demonstrate considerable savings by using real-life current densities as opposed to conservative design codes. We can also verify CP designs using design code values. Typical cases evaluated by CP modeling:
- Current shadow effects, current drain, and anode distribution issue.
- Uneven anode consumption.
- Over or under-protection.
- Protection in confined areas, small annuluses, etc.
- Galvanic corrosion
- Anode interference
- Interaction between connected structures
- Pipeline attenuation.
With CP modelling, you can try out different scenarios in order to ensure the optimal protection of your asset. Our services within CP design include:
- Traditional CP design with both impressed current and sacrificial anodes
- CP design verification
- CP retro fit design
- Anode protection range and attenuation calculations
- CP design of stainless steels (see RCP further down)
- Material compatibility with cathodic protection systems